CA Highlights

As we celebrate Canada Day and launch our new summer tours I have been fondly remembering my first trip to Canada, many, many years ago when I was lucky enough to spend a couple of months working in Banff, in the heart of the Rockies. It’s hard to describe the beauty of Canada; its spectacular scenery is on such an epic scale, and offers such contrast from the grand peaks and glaciers of the west and the endless lakes and forests of the east; the picturesque fishing villages of the Maritimes and the wild Arctic landscapes of the far north… The country is home to fascinating indigenous histories and the wildest of wildlife, as well as a surprisingly diverse range of modern cultures and vibrant cities.

There were countless highlights of my summer in the Rockies but the bright turquoise waters of Lake Louise remain a vivid memory to this day; setting foot on the Athabasca Glacier and climbing to the top of Mt Rundle were also incredible moments for me. Seeing elk wandering down the highstreet and even getting a glimpse of a bear one morning on my way out of town were heart-stopping – so much more exciting than the squirrels and foxes that frequent my own local neighbourhood!

A tour of Ontario and Quebec followed, where I searched in vain for moose and spent many happy hours canoeing through the still waters of Algonquin National Park, marvelled at the torrential Niagara Falls and practised my rusty French in Quebec City. Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia

Much more recently I have just returned from a trip to Nova Scotia, a real gem of a province that offers a unique combination of picturesque charm and rugged scenery. I barely scratched the surface of the Maritimes, but I did finally get to see that elusive moose…. albeit in a wilderness reserve rather than out roaming in the wild. Ah well – there’s always next time…!
source by discover-the-world-blogs

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий